Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A shockingly sweet surprise from home!

If you asked me to make a list of things I never expected to see in Hong Kong, this would be near the top...

Are we in Winston-Salem's Chinatown?! No! Apparently, Hong Kong now has four Krispy Kreme stores, all which make fresh doughnuts throughout the day! Let's see the six we picked up...



From left to right: (top) Cappuccino Kreme, Cinnamon 8, Original Glazed (bottom) Green Tea, Fruitful Mandarin, Original Glazed

The also had a number of other unique flavors (Almond All Over, Strawberry Angel, Neapolitan, etc) and served freshly squeezed mango juice (among other juices, coffees, teas, and smoothies). Fortunately, it is far enough away from where we live that I won't often have cause to stop in, but tonight was a special first-day-of-work celebration with Krispy Kreme. ;>

6 comments:

wrinklefree said...

I KNEW I saw a KrispyKreme in Hong Kong. I looked for it later, but couldn't remember where I saw it. I wanted to take a picture because Curt had recently asked me where all the KrisyKreme's had gone.

Amanda Chmielewski said...

Hi Gray & Katherine - I am so glad to see that you made it to HK safely and are finding donuts and buns to help you get settled in :) I really love your blog, and I hope you keep it going so that some of us who have never been to HK can live a little vicariously through your adventures. Happy New Year!

ZRC Erik said...

Yay Doughnuts! I am so happy your writing this blog Gray. Erik and I are already planning our trip : )
Thanks again for an amazing dinner. I'm so glad you both are safe in HK now. Please tell Katherine I say hello and Good Luck with her new job!
-Erin

Unknown said...

GREAT way to celebrate!

Anna B said...

No way!!! I'll have to stop in at a KK here in honor of your discovery. We love seeing HK through your eyes...keep blogging...

Carson said...

Wow! I can't believe you found a Krispy Kreme there! Now that I have to try... :)

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.