Friday, April 18, 2008

A return to Chiu Chow cuisine...

This week Katherine and I returned to one of our favorite restaurants, one that I've talked about before, and I thought I'd share some of the new things we tried...


"Peppered pork belly soup". The is made from pepper, pickled vegetables, and pig's stomach. It was delicious and, surprisingly, the stomach was very tender.


Sauteed razor shell clams. I tried these for the first time in 2005, during my second visit to Hong Kong, and now they are one of my favorite mollusks!


"Pastry taro duck", a Chiu Chow specialty. This is a three-layer dish with fried pastry leaves on top, taro paste in the middle, and duck meat providing the foundation.

When you come visit, you'll definitely have to try this place!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........perhaps

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.