Sunday, April 13, 2008

Firsts: Hong Kong haircut!

In my continuing effort to provide coverage of insignificant, mundane moments of our life in Hong Kong, I bring you an image from my first visit to the salon! Brace yourself!

I have always been used to a dry cut (i.e. my hair was dry at the time the scissors started smacking), but this just doesn't happen in Hong Kong. Before axing a single hair, the salon gives everyone a pre-rinse, two shampoo massages, a conditioner massage, and a final rinse. (The picture above was taken right after this process.) After the cut itself, you are given one more rinse and a styling comb-through. I must admit, it was rather nice, and not all that expensive at about US$8.

1 comment:

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.