Friday, September 18, 2009

Licensed to drive!

I've often found driving to be more of a burden than a pleasure, so one of my favorite aspects of Hong Kong is the incredible public transportation system. The buses, minibuses, MTR subway trains, light rail trains, trolleys, ferries, and taxis have freed me from the need to drive and, considering that driving is the part of life in the United States that I miss the least, that makes me quite happy.

Still, that being said, it certainly can't hurt to have a Hong Kong driver's license...especially when I can directly transfer my Michigan driver's license, so the effort is very minimal. I only needed to fill out a one-page form, present some documentation (former license, proof of address, HK ID card, passport), and pay US$115. Then, a week later...

...I'm ready for the roads. Again, I don't actually plan on using it, but at least I have the option (without needing to take any driving tests, etc).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! I am thrilled that is accomplished =)

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.