Saturday, August 15, 2009

A life-changing experience...

Yesterday, after finishing a bit of grocery shopping, Katherine and I decided to do something we almost never do...eat at McDonald's! (We've only eaten at McDonald's one other time since moving here, and it was in April of 2008.)

We arrived just after noon, though, so I was certain we had missed the cut-off time for my favorite reason to visit McDonald's: the Egg McMuffin (which, I can say without any hesitation, is the greatest single fast-food invention of all time). Against all odds, we decided to ask the cashier if they were still being served. She told us that, not only were they still being served, but that they are actually served all day long! (And for this McDonald's location, the one closest to where we live, "all-day" means 24 hours.) What the what?! Egg McMuffins any time I want?! A revelation!

Suddenly, I heart HK McD's.

3 comments:

Carson said...

Ha! Nice!!
But wait: does our McCafe experience count? complete with twisty-noodles breakfast soup!

Unknown said...

This great desire for an Egg McMuffin really originated in Hilton Head, I am sure! See, Katherine really did know what you wanted =)

Anonymous said...

I once met a McDonald's that served hotcakes all day. What a magical place!

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.