Sunday, September 7, 2008

Time to vote!

...at least, for representatives who will be serving on the Hong Kong Legislative Council (rather like a unicameral version of the US Congress). Just before dinner, we walked down to the closest polling center in Kennedy Town and Katherine exercised her right while I waited outside (I am a legal resident of Hong Kong, but not a citizen, so I don't have the right to vote)...
Afterwards, we crossed the street and enjoyed a "Japanese BBQ" restaurant...

Oddly, though, it was pretty much all Korean food. So, I suppose it is more accurate to call it a Japanese-style Korean BBQ place. At any rate, it was mighty good.

Related to this post, you may be wondering how I'll vote in the next US national election from Hong Kong. The answer: absentee ballot. I've already sent in my ballot request form and expect to see it in the next month or so. Interestingly, the process requires you to register with whichever state you last legally resided in. For me, that's Michigan, so that's where my form went.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yep...you hit it...I was wondering how you would vote absentee...and you answered my question...PERFECTLY!

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.