Monday, September 29, 2008

My first High Table Dinner...

"High Table" dinners are long-standing traditions, imported through British colonialism, conducted by all HKU residence halls. They are formal banquets, with guest speakers, held about once every other month during the school year. The name is derived from the head table, where guests of honor are seated (the guest speaker, the warden, the warden's hubby, etc ;>), which is usually placed "high" on a stage (though ours wasn't). You could liken it to the large dining scenes in the "Harry Potter" films.

Last night was my first and it was great fun.

This is a shot, from my seat at the "high table" of the guest speaker in action. He spoke keys to successful leadership and was absolutely fantastic.

And here's another shot taken from my seat, too low because I balanced the camera on the table, of one table of hall residents. There were many more.

A great experience and I look forward to the next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT a COOL experience!

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.