Saturday, March 13, 2010

Surprise: some new food!

(...at least, new to me. :>)

Some highlights from a delicious meal we had last night in Prince Edward...

Caterpillar fungus (冬蟲夏草) served in double-steamed soup (燉湯)

The dark half (that I'm holding with my mouth) is the fungus, the other half is the caterpillar

Quail, also in double-steamed soup

Stewed duck (with taro, though that isn't pictured)

Stir-fried sweet potato shoots

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to find things that I haven't yet eaten here, but I know they're out there, so my quest continues.

Administrative note: After a little over two years of living in Hong Kong (and 220 blog posts), life has settled into a fairly stable routine, so the frequency of blog-worthy events (that aren't just slight variations of earlier events) has slowed down considerably. I'll still have eruptions of posts from time to time (during unique events, like when we have visitors), but the weekly posts will probably continue to taper off. The easiest way to keep up with them would be to plug the blog's RSS URL into an RSS reader/aggregator (like Google Reader). That way you don't have to continually check the blog for new posts, the posts will be pushed to you whenever they are made.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry....but none of this looks like something I will want to try =)
I expect you are not surprised!

I am glad you are still finding a few surprises that you can investigate.

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.