Friday, December 25, 2009

We interrupt this broadcast...

...to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I still have a few more recap posts planned, but I thought I'd take a break from those to show you the food we used to celebrate Christmas in our house today...

Brunch

Banana-mango pancakes (with walnuts, whipped cream, and honey)

Spiced date sauce pancakes (with macadamia nuts, whipped cream, and honey)

Dinner

I decided to try to approximate a long-time Carper family favorite meal...

Coke-glazed ham (in this case, a British-style gammon ham)



Baked sweet potatoes (with brown sugar)

Toasted baguette with strawberry jam

Not as wonderful as my mother's original, but it worked in a pinch, and helped us have a lovely Christmas. I hope yours was lovely too!

2 comments:

Carson said...

1) I'm getting the distinct impression that Katherine REALLY likes macaroni soup with ham and abalone. :)
2) Ooh! I've never seen roselle either! It looks NEAT. Like a cross between a rose apple and a Buddha's hand.
3) How did you resist going into BB Kill?? :)
4) lolol @ kitty scratching starfish! (what an adorable picture, too)
5) Thousand-layer cake... droooooooooooool...
6) lol @ squid laundry!
7) lolol @ sparring with fire beaters! You people are silly. (I feel sure that is NOT allowed on the beach.)
8) lol @ the lack of dogs in Dog Dog Dog Pet Shop! That's hilarious.
9) Ooooohhhhhh! mini Fui Fui! *wibble*
10) Eight treasure rice!!! Eight treasure rice!!! How did it compare? It looks *beautiful*. (Those shrimp dumplings look pretty yummy, too.)

Carson said...

Whoops! That went under the wrong post. :)

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.