Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Show time...again!

Last night our residence hall held a karaoke-style singing contest and the band was asked to close the evening with a brief show. Like last time, I was asked to be a guest performer on two of the pieces (different than those I played before)...

Katherine recorded a video of the second song's final two minutes, so I thought I'd share that with you (beware, though, that the audio capture abilities of our little digital point-and-shoot camera are not so impressive ;>)...



It's a swing-pop-rock tune called "如果我是陳奕迅" ("If I Were Eason Chan") by Mister that's fantastically fun to play. As part of my preparation, I crafted my own arrangement of the drum score (which we'll also use as a teaching tool in the band). You are welcome to take a look at it if you're curious (the video above starts in measure 24).

The band has a few more performances this month, but my playing is done for the time being. I'll return to laying low and cheering from the crowd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! I love hearing the tap, tap, tappety, tap again...TERRIFIC!!!! That made my day start in a very special way. Thank you

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.