Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yak and Yeti!

A few months back Katherine and I noticed this Himalayan restaurant in Jordan while on a bus ride home. The name is fascinating, so I've been wanting to try it ever since. Last week, the dream became reality! The menu was mostly comprised of north Indian, Nepalese, and Pakistani food and it was generally quite good. Let's take a peek...

Ready to crouch behind yaks to avoid the yeti!

When I think of yaks and yeti, I also think of a slinky, martini-serving lady

Samosa with mint chutney and a delicious, spicy Nepalese sauce

Nepalese "chilly momo" - pan-fried pork dumplings tossed with grilled vegetables in a spicy sauce

Tandoori pork belly

Flaky paratha

A yummy spot that's not too far from home, so I'm sure we'll go back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful presentation...I hope it tasted as delicious as it looked =)

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.