Friday, August 29, 2008

A quiet evening of early birthday celebration...

So, my birthday is actually on Sunday, but that's precisely when I expect to be recuperating from today's college football all-nighter (more on that in my next post), so Katherine and I decided to go out on Friday night for a little birthday dinner at a location of my choice...

Welcome to ¡Caramba! For some time, the only Mexican food in Hong Kong we knew about was served at El Taco Loco. Recently, though, we discovered one other place (not all that far from El Taco Loco, actually), and this is it! We hadn't gotten around to trying it, however, until now.

The decor was great fun - full of bright, festive colors - and the food was definitely yummy...


My chicken burrito with black beans and rice.


Katherine's spinach and mushroom enchiladas with black beans and rice.

It's a place I can definitely recommend, though I have to say that, at least when using the dishes we tried last night as a basis for comparison, I enjoyed El Taco Loco a bit more (and El Taco Loco is also a whole lot cheaper). At least we now know we have a choice, though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope the HOKIES give you a great early birthday gift today =)

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.