Monday, December 31, 2007

Safely in Hong Kong!

We made it!

Almost exactly two years ago, in December of 2005, the University of Hong Kong School of English began talking to Katherine about becoming a member of their faculty. A few months later, after Katherine completed the application and interview process, they extended an official offer and agreed to hold the position until Katherine finished her PhD. We considered the offer for a month, and the decision wasn't easy, but eventually we realized that HKU had gift-wrapped a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that we couldn't pass up. Katherine accepted in the summer of 2006 (the same summer in which I proposed to her), and the fuse was lit.

Now here we are, in our first Hong Kong home (a service apartment by the folks at Kush), recuperating not only from the 19 hours spent in travel time, but the year and a half spent in planning an preparation for this day. Did you know that delicious Chinese buns (like my favorite!) are one of the very best recuperation aids? Good thing we have bakeries surrounding us in every direction. ;>

I don't fancy myself much of a blogger, but I'm going to give it a try, and hopefully it will prove to be a nice way for Katherine and I to share GK+HK stories with you. (Not only those that follow today, but also a few that led us here.) If that sounds like something you're interested in, grab your favorite Chinese bun and join us for the adventure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gray,

Nice blog! I never blog, but found it to be actually effective from yours:)

Happy New Year! It is still 6 hours and 42 mins to go here till the new year and I am writing this comment in the break of my moving as a rest. Yes, I am insane and am moving on the New Year's eve, which won't be finished till 2008.

Happy New Year again!

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR

 

Creative Commons License
GK+HK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Hong Kong License.